Scarecrow Video isn’t just a video store. It’s a landmark for all who love about movies.
Each year, they do a month-long challenge to get people to stretch out and watch some movies they’ve never seen before.
And now here are the 2022 movies:
1. START SMALL: It may seem cute at first, but these little ones are always a challenge. Watch one with an evil offspring in it: Who Can Kill a Child?
2. TROUBLE IN THE TUB: Bath time ain’t always relaxing: Diabolique
3. DEAD IN THE SUBURBS: Neither is living in the ‘burbs: The House Next Door
4. MASKED MANDATE: We’re still wearing them and so shall tonight’s antagonist: Found
5. CAKE IN FRIGHT: To celebrate the birth of Donald Pleasence, light a candle, eat a slice and watch one of his many: Night Creature
6. BEE AFRAID, BEE VERY AFRAID: Buzz through a bee picture, there’s a whole swarm to choose from: The Swarm
7. THE 7TH OFFERING: Watch the 7th film in a franchise in honor of the 7th year of the challenge: Frankenstein and the Monster from Hell
8. THE MONSTER MASH: Multiple monsters in one movie? That’s a graveyard smash!: Blood
9. FULL MOON FEVER: Since the “heavenly body” is out tonight, a lycanthrope story seems just right: Tomb of the Werewolf
10. THE FIRST WAVE: One made by an indigenous filmmaker or has indigenous cast members: The Dead Can’t Dance
11. GOLDEN OLDIES: Post-war/50’s movies, from the schlock to the awes: Eyewash
12. IT’S A REAL FREAK SCENE, JACK: A groovy 60’s grinder: Eggshells
13. MAD(E) FOR TV: Any 70’s feature length that was made specifically for television: Revenge!
14. THE RUBY ANNI-VHS-ARY: Watch something that came out in 1982. #onlyonVHS! The House Where Evil Dwells
15. VIDEO STORE DAY: This is the big one. Watch something physically rented or bought from an actual video store. If you don’t have access to one of these sacred archival treasures then watch a movie with a video store scene in it at least. #vivaphysicalmedia Body Double
16. MAKING THE 3RD WALL: One where they’re filming a movie within the movie you’re watching: Mulholland Drive
17. THE VIDEO NASTY: Watch one of the 72 banned in the UK. And we thought the PMRC was tough…Boogeyman 2
18. SO MUCH DEATH: The R.I.P. section has been very active this year so today watch a movie with a high body count: Hard Boiled
19. DRIPS: Blood, sweat, goop, tears, slime, or questionable muck is a must here: The Green Slime
20. TRIPS: Vacations don’t always go how you planned them. Can you get away from the getaway? Nightmare Vacation
21. TRAPS: To lay or be laid, that is the question: House of Traps
22. FURGET ABOUT PATTERSON & GIMLIN: Watch a non-American sasquatch movie. The Untold
23. PSYCHOGEOGRAPHY: In Psychotronic Challenge, the land haunts YOU! Hopefully that joke, ahem, landed okay. Folk it: Book of Shadows: Blair Witch II
24. HOLEY SHEET!: Ddddid I just ssssee a ghost? Crimson Peak
26. GAMESHOWS: Roll the bones, try your luck, gamble with your life! Devour
27. THE NATURAL ENTERTAINER: Watch one with a pro-wrestler turned actor. Put some raw fun in your movie mania: Mom, Can I Keep Her?
28. SPACE ODDITIES: Aliens that imitate humans or take over a human body: The Hidden
29. EXERCISE OR EXORCISE?: You’ll work it out…Linnea Quigley’s Horror Workout
30. DEVILS NIGHT: Watch one with mischief, mayhem or pranks in it but please keep the fires to a minimum: The Jerky Boys
31. RETIREMENT PARTY: Watch any movie with a character named Kevin in it. Bonus points if it has a badass movie dog: The Proposal