This Saturday night on the Groovy Doom Facebook page, we’re forgetting Godzilla vs. Kong and enjoying some weirdo kaiju, the same things should be, starting at 8 PM East Coast Time.
First up, Infra-Man! You can watch this on Vimeo.
Ready for a drink recipe?
Infra-Man of Paradise
- 3 oz. gin
- 1.5 oz. lemon juice
- 1 tsp. sugar
- Dash of grenadine
- Club soda, to taste
- Shake up everything but the club soda with ice.
- Pour into an ice-filled glass, top with club soda and enjoy.
Then, we’re gonna get all Yeti on you! Yeti, Giant of the 20th Century is on Tubi.
Yeti Colada, Cocktail of the 20th Century
- 1 oz. Kraken rum (or your rum of choice, but a cryptozoological rum makes sense here)
- I’m probably going to add a second rum here. I’d advise a Malibu for the light drinkers and a heavier one, like Crazen 137 Hurricane Proof for people like me
- 1 oz. coconut cream
- .5 oz. coconut milk
- Note: You can also just use 1.5 oz. of Pina Colada mix
- 1 oz. pineapple juice
- Handful of pineapple chunks
- Maraschino cherries, to taste
- Throw everything and some ice into a blender. Get it nice and frothy.
- Comb your hair with fish bones and enjoy!
We can’t wait to see you on Saturday.
This Saturday night on the Groovy Doom Facebook page, we’re watching two different ways the world goes bye bye, starting at 8 PM East Coast Time.
Up first, when the comet takes out everyone, head to the mall with Night of the Comet. You can watch it on Tubi.
We’re gonna set a drink on fire before the movie. Get ready!
Teenage Mutant Horror Comet
- 1 oz. butterscotch schnapps
- 1 oz. Goldschlager
- 1 oz. Bailey’s Irish Cream
- Everclear or 190 proof moonshine
- Add schnapps, Goldschlager and Bailey’s to a shaker with ice and shake until cold.
- Strain into a glass, then top with a float of your high proof and sprinkle on some cinnamon.
- Light it up, blow it out and drink it up!
Our second film is Demons, which is one of the best movies ever. I can’t wait to watch it with everyone. It’s on YouTube.
Metropol Demon Blood (with Eyeballs) (taken from here)
- 2 oz. pineapple juice
- 4 oz. lemonade
- 1.5 oz. whiskey
- Frozen green grapes
- Layer crushed ice and frozen grapes in a glass.
- Shake up pineapple juice, lemonade and whiskey in a shaker with ice, then pour over ice and grapes.
We can’t wait to watch these with you!
Another day of giant monsters is in the book and for now, Tokyo can rebuild.
To see the last run we did of these movies, you can check out the recap of the original Kaiju Day Marathon. We also have a B and S About Kaiju list on Letterboxd.
On the Son of Kaiju Day Marathon, we watched these films and shared these stories:
We’re doing another day of kaiju madness. Yes, an entire day of giant monster movies last week wasn’t enough, so we’re getting excited about Godzilla vs. King Kong starting on HBO Max on March 31.
This time, we’re going deep with kaiju from around the world as well as some articles about the history of giant monsters and an article about King Kong-themed pro wrestlers.
Join us all day!
We may have gone a little crazy over there finally being a new King Kong and Godzilla movie and posted way too many articles for you to read. Our lack of sleep is your gain, so please enjoy this list of everything we posted as well as all of our past giant monster movies.
We’ve also posted these past kaiju-friendly reviews that you may enjoy!
LEGENDARY TEAM KONG
LEGENDARY TEAM GODZILLA
We’ll be back Wednesday with more kaiju to celebrate the HBO Max airing of Godzilla vs. Kong. See you then.
To celebrate the March 25 release of Godzilla vs. Kong, we’re going to blow this site up like Anguirus was back in town with at least one kaiju-related post every single hour until we go back to bed at midnight.
That’s right — get ready to take deep dives into Kong, Godzilla and all manner of creatures in between, with columns from R. D Francis and Jennifer Upton, along with some of our favorite giant monster articles all the way back to the first weeks of the site.
Here’s to stomping cities into dust and picking up buses and throwing them back down!
This Saturday night on the Groovy Doom Facebook page, Unkle Spooky will join us as we show two crazy movies that go underground. Up first is Hellhole, which starts at 8 PM East Coast Time.
You can watch Hellhole on Tubi and drink this while you’re at it.
Hellhole (yes, that’s the real name!)
- 1.5 oz. whiskey (you can use Scotch whiskey if you’re fancy, I’ll be using Jack Daniels)
- .5 oz. peach schnapps
- .5 oz. dry vermouth
- 2 oz. pineapple juice
- 3 oz. sparkling bitter lemon (and if you’re not fancy, you can use tonic water; bitter lemon is hard to find)
- Build over ice and drink. Pretty simple!
Our second film is absolutely deranged and we like it that way. It’s The Pit and it’s about teddy bear demons and shoving old people into holes in your backyard. It’s on YouTube thanks to our pals at Blechbuster Video.
- 2 oz. apricot brandy
- 1 oz. 99 Apples (or any apple schnapps)
- 2.5 oz. apple juice
- Cinnamon (to taste)
- Toss it in a shaker, shake it up, strain and drink it up.
We can’t wait until Saturday!
The new issue of Drive-In Asylum is now ready for sale! Special #5 is a tribute to TV horror hosts! Chilly Billy, Ghoulardi, Dr. Paul Bearer, Vampira and many more are profiled. I wrote about and painted Cleveland’s Superhost!
There are also exclusive interviews with Count Gregore, the members of Creature Features, the hosts of New Castle After Dark and a Guest List column by Unkle Spooky from Unkle Spooky’s Spookarama.
The first 50 orders will be shipped with a special set of four full-color horror host stickers (one set per order)!
It’s only $6 for an absolutely packed 68 pages with a full-color cover! You can get it now at the Etsy shop.
This Saturday night on the Groovy Doom Facebook page, we’re watching two great movies and it all starts at 8 PM East Coast Time. Becca will be joining us this week and she picked our first movie, which is Halloween 4: The Return of Michael Myers, which is on YouTube and Amazon Prime.
Becca requested this drink, too.
- 4 oz. margarita mix
- 2 oz. tequilla
- Lime slices
- Salt, for rimming
- This one is really simple. Find your favorite margarita mix and mix it over ice with tequila in a salt-rimmed glass.
- You can also drop in a few lime slices.
Up next, The Legacy, which you can find on YouTube.
Here’s the drink for our second movie.
The Ravenhurst Bramble
- 1.5 oz. gin
- .5 oz. lemon juice
- .5 oz. Chambord
- .5 oz. simple syrup
- Shake the gin, juice and syrup with ice until chilled.
- Pour the Chmabord over the top of it all slowly.
We can’t wait for Saturday!
This Saturday night on the Groovy Doom Facebook page, we’re watching two great movies and it all starts at 8 PM East Coast Time. We’re joined by Sean Collier of Pittsburgh Magazine and The Number One Movie In America podcast!
Up first…Joe D’Amato insanity! It’s Antropophagus, which you can get from Severin or watch as The Grim Reaper cut on Tubi.
Here’s a drink to enjoy during the movie. You don’t need to drink and please do so responsibly.
Tasty Baby on a Greek Beach
- 1 oz. rum
- 1 oz. Southern Comfort
- 1 oz. vodka
- 1 oz. grenadine
- 2 tbsp. lime juide
- 1.5 oz. orange juice
- Mix and serve over ice.
- Watch over your shoulder for Klaus Wortman.
Up next…it’s the non-Jason The Orphan: Friday the 13th, which you can watch on YouTube.
Drunken Monkey God
- 4 oz. orange juice
- 2 oz. pineapple juice
- 3 oz. coconut rum
- 1 oz. Kraken rum
- 4-5 dashes bitters
- Ground nutmeg
- Maraschino cherries and juice
- Lime and pineapple (for garnish)
- Shake juices, rums and bitters in a shaker with ice for thirty seconds.
- Pour into an ice filled glass, then pour in 2 tbsp. of cherry juice.
- Garnish with fruit and grab a shotgun.