This is probably the most excited I’ve ever been for one of our episodes, as we’re showing two movies that have obsessed me for years. Join us this Saturday on the Groovy Doom Facebook page at 8 PM East Coast Time! To make sure you know when the show begins, “like” the page so you get an alert.
If you haven’t watched our show, we do a pre-show warmup all about the first movie, show you an ad gallery of theatrical and drive-in appearances of that movie and then show you how to make a cocktail to go with it. We encourage responsible drinking as well as staying up all night to watch weird films.
This week’s first recipe:
Night Trainwreck to Terror (based on this recipe)
- 1 oz. vanilla rum
- .75 oz. triple sec
- .75 oz. Kaluha or creme de cacao
- 7-Up or your favorite lemon-lime soda
- Sweet and sour mix
- Pour the first three alcohol-based ingredients into a glass with ice.
- Add a quick splash of the soda, then fill up the rest with sweet and sour.
- Everybody’s got something to do, everybody but you. Now stir it up and drink.
You’re going to need a strong drink to make sense of this, if you choose to have a beverage. We’ve got you covered.
Night (Pain) Killer
- 1.5 oz. Kraken rum
- 1.5 oz. peanut butter chocolate moonshine
- 5 oz. pineapple juice
- 1 oz. orange juice
- 1 oz. cream of coconut
- Maraschino cherry
- Fill a shaker with ice, rum, moonshine, the juices and cream of coconut. Shake it as rough and hard, like you’re the night killer murdering a dance school instructor.
- Throw your jeans in the toilet — it’ll make sense once you see the movie — then pour into a glass.
- Drop in a small amount of grenadine, along with a dusting of nutmeg, a pinch of salt to give you the taste of a beach filled with pills and a cherry because you deserve it.
We can’t wait to see you next Saturday!