This week, we’re taking you to the gym and inside a dangerous relationship as Bill, Sam and guest hosts John McDevitt from FACETS in Chicago and Mike Justice for movies, drinks, newspaper ads and, as always, off topic moments of fun and frolic. The show starts at 8 PM on the Groovy Doom Facebook and YouTube channel.
Up first — get ready to sweat with Death Spa, a movie you can find on Tubi.
To get you in the mood, here’s the first drink.
- 2 oz. gin
- 1/2 oz. lime juice
- 2 oz. Gatorade
- 3 oz. Mountain Dew
- Fill a large glass with ice, then add gin and lime juice.
- Now, it’s Gatorade’s turn, then fill the rest of with Mountain Dew. Fancy, huh?
The second film is Michael Winner’s Scream for Help which you can watch on YouTube.
- 2 oz. J&B (or whiskey if you’re afraid of the taste)
- 1 oz. amaretto
- 5 oz. root beer
- Pile up a glass half full of ice.
- Pour scotch, then amaretto, then root beer.
Here’s to Saturday!