We’ve been leading up to this for a whole year — we’re showing two of our favorite movies of forever this week! Make plans to meet us Saturday on the Groovy Doom Facebook page starting at 8 PM East Coast Time.
Bradley Steel Harding will join us to introduce the films, share drink recipes, show you the ad campaign for each movie and then discuss the movies when we come back!
Up first is one of the 70s most amazing movies. Flat out, a complete classic, it’s Messiah of Evil! You can watch it on YouTube.
Here’s the recipe for the cocktail we’ll be enjoying during the movie.
Point Dume Sunset
- 1 oz. vodka
- 1.5 oz. coconut rum
- 1.5 oz. peach schnapps
- .5 oz. grenadine
- 2 oz. orange juice
- 2 oz. pineapple juice
- Maraschino cherries
- Fill a glass with ice, then pour in this order: vodka, rum, schnapps.
- Pour the grenadine down the side of the glass, so that you get the “sunset” effect.
- Then, pour your juices, then add cherries. Then, sit in the sun and wait. And sleep. And dream. Each of us dying slowly in the prison of our minds.
We’re following that with perhaps the strangest movie of the 70s to get a PG rating. And that would be…The Baby! You can watch it on Tubi.
Here’s the drink to enjoy during this one!
What Have You Done to My Baby?
- 2 oz. Bailey’s Irish Cream
- 1 oz. coconut rum
- .5 oz. kaluha
- 1 oz. cream or half and half
- Fill a shaker with ice and all ingredients.
- Shake hard until frothy and drink up.
We can’t wait to see you this week!