We’re so excited that so many of you come and watch movies with us every Saturday night. If you’re up for a late night of watching and talking all things fantastic film, visit with us on the Groovy Doom Facebook page at 8 PM East Coast Time.
We set up the shows, share ads for them, make a cocktail themed to the film and then watch the films on Tuvi (or on DVD if you have them!).
I’m so excited to watch this again. Also, I’m really excited to make this drink!
Sweet Sixteen (based on this recipe)
- 1.5 oz. gin
- 1 oz. lime juice
- Dash grenadine
- 1 tsp. simple syrup
- Bitter lemon (or lemon seltzer, if you can’t find it)
- Pour gin, lime juice, grenadine and simple syrup with ice in your shaker. Shake up, then pour over ice.
- Fill glass with bitter lemon.
The recipe for this one is based on one of the drinks that Abby may have ordered as she prowls the bars of Louisville.
Louiseville Cooler (we took this recipe)
- 1.5 oz. bourbon
- 1 oz. orange juice
- .5 oz. lime juice
- .5 oz. simple syrup
- Orange wheel for garnish
- Shake all ingredients with ice.
- Pour into glass and garnish with an orange wheel.