This week, it’s twice the sharks and all of the copyright issues as we present two movies that may owe a debt to a certain 1975 blockbuster. You can watch us live on the Groovy Doom Facebook page. While you’re at it, grab the insane Drive-In Asylum Shark Special Issue! It even has shark hunter trading cards!
Here’s the trailer!
Up first is Cruel Jaws, a movie so great I wrote about it twice. Bruno Mattei takes shark films to the next level and by that, I mean the most inane and ridiculous lows possible, including a fake Hulk Hogan. I love this movie!
For your drinking pleasure, I’ll be showing you how to mix up this cocktail.
Frozen Jaws 5, based on this recipe
- Blue Raspberry Cherry PowerAid
- Blue Curacao (like Bols)
- White rum
- Lots of ice
- A shark gummy treat
- Measure out the ingredients based on how much booze you like. Remember that we have a second movie, so maybe start off slowly. Toss all of it in the blender with some ice and blend until smooth.
- Pour into a glass and let that gummy shark swim in. If you’re feeling dangerous, you can use some grenadine to simulate some blood in the water.
We’re following that with Great White, the Enzo G. Castellari-directed movie that is about as shameless a retread as there ever was.
Here’s a drink perfect for the movie!
L’ultimo Squalo Returns, based on this recipe
- Thinly sliced lemon
- 1/2 cup chopped pineapple
- 1/2 cup tequila
- 1/2 cup triple sec
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 cup pineapple juice
- 1/2 cup rum
- Splash of grenadine
- Lots of ice
- Some maraschino cherries
- More shark gummys
- This one is super simple. Just mix everything together in a pitcher and stir it up.
- Make it fancy by grabbing a long toothpick filled with pineapple, cherries and a shark gummy.
This recipe is going to make 4 to 6 cocktails, or one big one, so get ready.
Here’s the links to watch the movies!