It’s another Drive-In Asylum Double Feature! I’m beyond excited, because honestly, if I ever got to show one movie in a theater and talk about it or do the commentary track on a blu ray, it would be Cathy’s Curse, which is absolutely one of my favorite movies of all time.
Here’s what you need to enjoy the movies!
As you may know, we serve up cocktails with each movie. Here’s a recipe so you can enjoy the film along with me.
Cathy’s Green Eyes, based on this recipe
- 1 oz. Melon Liqueur, like Midori, which is totally a stripper name
- 1 oz. Coconut Rum (or be cheap like me and just use the same rum you bought last week)
- 1/2 oz. Cream Of Coconut (grab a can of that stuff that has the 1950’s artwork that has never changed)
- 1 1/2 oz. Pineapple Juice
- 1/2 oz. (15ml) Fresh Lime Juice (half a lime will do)
- Get a whole mess of ice and put it in your shaker. Whatever ends up in it, combine the melon liqueur, rum, cream of coconut, fresh lime juice and pineapple juice. Shake it up.
- Add ice to a glass and pour the mix in.
Ready to drink as you watch a bunch of toddlers murder an entire town? Good news. I’ve created this recipe for you and wow…it’s one sweet way to get your head spinning.
- 1 can Diet Dr. Pepper (or Dr. Pepper)
- 2 oz. Rum
- 1/2 oz. Cream Of Coconut
- 1/2 oz. (15ml) Fresh Lime Juice (half a lime)
- Put the cream of coconut and lime juice in a glass and stir it up until it mixes well and you have no chunks. Drop in some ice cubes.
- Pour in the rum, stir again. Finally, add in the Dr. Pepper slowly, stirring until everything mixes well. If you want to be thematic to the movie, microwave it until it kills a local doctor.
We’ll see you at 8 PM this Saturday at the Groovy Doom Facebook page!