I don’t really know if I could be more excited about this week’s movies. That’s right, two of my favorite 80s movies are on the show! Join Bill, me and the Neon Brainiacs at 8 PM EST on the Groovy Doom Facebook and YouTube channel.
First up — a remake that may even outdo the original. It’s the 1988 The Blob which you can watch on The Internet Archive.
Every week, we watch the movies, show the ads and have a drink. Here’s the first one, which comes from the incredible book Let’s Get Monster Smashed by Jon and Marc Chiat, which was given to me by A.C. Nicholas.
- 8 oz. vodka
- 8 oz. water
- 1 1/2 oz. cherry Jell-O
- 1 1/2 oz. grape Jell-O
- 8 oz. cherry yogurt (they recommend vanilla, but I’m going bloody)
- About 20 or so small pineapple chunks
- Combine gelatin and 8 oz. water in a pot over low heat ad cook until the gelatin is dissolved.
- With the heat off, add the vodka and mix thoroughly.
- Combine pineapple chunks with the gelatin and mix.
- Pour into a bundt cake pan and add the yogurt. Mix thoroughly.
- Chill overnight or until set.
The second movie is Hello Mary Lou: Prom Night 2 which you can watch on Tubi.
Here’s the drink.
Prom Night Virgin (from Tipsy Bartender)
- 1 oz. Southern Comfort
- 1/2 oz.peach schnapps
- 3 oz. Mountain Dew
- 1/2 oz. grenadine
- Fill a glass with ice and pour over the Southern Comfort, schnapps and soda.
- Drizzle in grenadine…like blood.
See you soon.