Let’s pretend that it’s 1975 and we’re going to the drive-in for real this week! Join us Saturday on the Groovy Doom Facebook page starting at 8 PM East Coast Time. Just a reminder — we introduce the films, give you a drink recipe, show you ads for the film and then you watch it on your own, then come back for the next movie and wrap up!
Up first is David Cronenberg’s Shivers which is on Tubi.
Here’s the drink recipe, which we urge you to drink responsibly!
They Drank from Within (based on this recipe)
- 1.5 oz. tequila
- 1 oz. lime juice
- 1.5 cup lime sherbet or sorbet
- Dash of grenadine
- Blend everything together until it’s nice and slushy.
- Do a few drops of grenadine into the mix to make it nice and bloody.
- .75 oz. gin
- .75 oz. Midori
- .75 oz. Triple Sec
- .5 oz. blue curaçao
- .5 oz. lemon juice
- .5 oz. simple syrup
- Lemon-lime soda
- Shake up everything except the soda with plenty of ice, then pour into a glass.
- Top with lemon-lime soda and watch the points video!
See you on Saturday!