Join us this Saturday night on the Groovy Doom Facebook page at 8 PM East Coast Time for two deadly features where death is never the end.
You don’t have to drink to enjoy the movies, but we still share recipes. Here’s one, taken from
Needle in the Eye (based on a recipe from 1,000 Drinks by Paul Knorr)
- 1 oz. gin
- 1 oz. vodka
- Splash of lemon juice
- Splash of lime juice
- Splash of orange juice
- Lemon-lime soda
- Build this over ice, then fill with your choice of lemon-lime soda.
- Avoid nurses with syringes.
There’s a reason why this drink is up second. I don’t recommend this one for just everyone. This one’s gonna test you as if you were a member of The Living Dead.
Biker Zombie (based on the traditional zombie recipe)
- 1 oz. pineapple juice
- 1/2 oz. passion fruit juice
- 1/2 oz. apricot brandy
- 1/4 oz. lime juice
- 3/4 oz. Jamaican rum (I’m using Tall Pines Pot Still Rum)
- 3/4 oz. coconut rum
- 1/2 oz. Kraken rum
- 1/4 oz. grenadine
- Dash Angostura bitters
- Combine everything but the Kraken and shake it up with ice.
- Top with the dark rum and ride your motorcycle out of your grave.
We’ll see you on Saturday!