Join us this Satuday on the Groovy Doom Facebook page at 8 PM East Coast Time for two completely bonkers movies! Don’t forget! Make sure to “like” the page so you get an alert when we go live throughout the night.
Up first, one of my favorite Christmas horror movies, the absolutely indefensible Elves!
Here’s a drink that goes great with this one!
Demonic Elf (based on this recipe)
- 1 1/2 oz. Pineapple Vodka
- 1 oz. part Midori
- 1/2 oz. simple syrup
- 1/2 oz. lemon juice
- 1 oz. cranberry juice
- Muddle ginger and simple syrup in a shaker.
- Add vodka, Midori and lemon juice, then shake until chilled.
- Strain over ice, then float cranberry juice on top.
What goes well with evil elves trying to bring back the Third Reich? Zombies in Florida with the same goal.
To go with Shock Waves, try this cocktail!
Carradine Karate (based on this recipe)
- 2 oz Kraken
- 1 oz. lime juice
- 1 oz. orange juice
- 1 oz. pineapple juice
- 1 tsp. maple syrup
- Dash aromatic bitters
- Put everything in a shaker with ice, then imagine you’re watching undead Nazis rise from a beach in Florida.
- Contemplate John Carradine’s gnarled hands, then pour over ice and enjoy.
Here’s where you can watch this week’s movies!
Shock Waves: Tubi