We’re unleashing two astounding Argento films on you this Saturday at 8 PM on the Groovy Doom Facebook page.
Up first, Argento’s freakout devoted to orangutans, bug loving teenagers, women with deformed children and, as always, heads getting cut clean off. We could only be talking about Phenomena.
Inga and Jennifer
- 1/2 oz. 99 Bananas
- 3 oz. half and half
- 1/2 oz. coconut rum
- 1 1/2 oz. orange juice
- 1/2 tsp. grenadine
- Pour all of the ingredients in a shaker and do your thing.
- Pour into a glass and enjoy.
We’re following this up with the most perfect of all Argento’s films, Suspiria!
Mother of Sighs
- Jolly Ranchers (blue or red, come on, we are using the Argento color palette here)
- Bottle of vodka
- Take 12 Jolly Ranchers and place them in an airtight container like a Mason jar.
- Pour in 2 cups of vodka and let sit overnight.
- As if by magic — “Susie, do you know anything about… witches?” — they will have dissolved by morning.
- Use 2 oz. of your Jolly Rancher vodka to 6 oz. of soda (you can also use sparkling water, club soda or ginger ale).
- Place in shaker with ice and shake it up.
- Serve and enjoy.
I’ve taken some photos of the process to make the infused vodka, which takes just a day. I’m really excited to try this one out.
Here’s where you can watch along!
Suspiria – Tubi