This week, we’re going to have a special Friday show!
Up first — Tourist Trap!
That’s right, in 1979, we found out that “every year young people disappear.” This PG-rated movie — yes, it still surprises us — is a favorite of Becca, who is actually coming on the show this week. Here’s a drink to enjoy during it.
Slausen Family Lemonade
- 3 oz. coconut rum
- 1 can coconut water (12 ounces)
- 2 lemons
- Dash of simple syrup
- This one is super simple. Make lemonade by juicing the lemons (if you’re in a pinch, you can just use pre-made lemonade). Simple syrup makes a sweeter taste than just plain sugar.
- This recipe is coconut-rich. So if you want less of a good thing, use water instead of coconut water. Me, I added a dash of Coco Real to make it even more coconutty. Is that a word?
- If you want to get really wild, use shaved or crushed ice. The colder this one is, the better. Also, you don’t ever need to drink during the movies, so you can make this without the rum.
To follow this strange movie, let’s turn to Herschell Gordon Lewis! Color Me Blood Red!
You’re going to need something, well, red to drink during this. We’ve got you covered.
Bloody Adam (based on this recipe, fixed as there were some strange measurements)
- 1 oz. vodka
- 1 oz. gin
- 1/2 oz. cherry vodka
- 3 oz. club soda
- Splash of grenadine
- Maraschino cherries (to taste)
- Fill your glass with ice until about half full.
- Pour in vodkas and gin, then top with club soda.
- Slowly add grenadine and cherries, as well as cherry juice to taste (and for how much “blood” you want in your cocktail).
You can watch both of these movies on Tubi: