We’re always looking for more writers to be part of the site. Sure, we don’t pay, but we’re willing to let you write about just about any movie that you want to, at any length and in any style or format. We get around 1,000 visitors a day and share our reviews on Letterboxd, IMDB, Amazon, Rotten Tomatoes, Facebook and Twitter, so your work will get an audience. JULY
- July 18-24: Argentina-made movies. Due July 17.
- July 25-31: Back to Mexico! Mexican films, so more Santo! Due July 24.
- August 1-7: Philippines War Week. Due July 31. (Check with us to see if we’ve already done your idea. A second week is coming up in December, as well.)
- August 8-14: Anthology flicks. Due August 7.
- August 15-21: Open week. Pick anything! Due August 14.
- August 22 – 28. Full Moon Studios. Due August 21. All films picked/scheduled, but not claimed/reviewed. Check with us and pick your films!
- August 29-September 4: Rock and roll movies. Due August 28. (Check out Rock ‘n’ Roll Weeks PART 1 and PART 2 to see what we’ve done and what we need.)
- September 5 – 11: All Giallo Week, be it Italian and Spanish classics, or newer retro flicks. We’ve done so many already, but there’s always new reissues on Blu and DVD of the classics, as well as new retros. Check out our “Exploring Giallo” feature for the ones we’ve done.
- September 12-18: Shot on Video films. Like Things? Come on down. (And check out our SOV ’80s category link to see what we’ve done).
- September 19-25: Video Nasties! We also need help moping up our three-part U.K. Video Nasties “Exploring” lists. You can visit the links for more information. Also check out this IMDb list of all the “Nasties” to help in your deciding on the films you want to review.
Here’s what we have left to review. All others are either done or claimed, written, and ready to post.
- All films done or claimed
- Boogeyman II
- Human Experiments
- I Miss You, Hugs Kisses
- Killer Nun
- Women Behind Bars
- Black Room
- The Chant of Jimmie Blacksmith
- Erotic Rites of Frankenstein
- The Evil
- The Executioner
- Foxy Brown
- Headless Eyes
- Hell Prison, aka Escape from Hell
- The Killing Hour
- The Last Hunter
- The Les Demons
- Love Butcher
- The Mark of the Devil
- New Adventures of Snow White
- The Parasite
- Scanners – CLAIMED
- Schoolgirls in Chains
- Scream for Vengeance!
- Shogun Assassin
- Street Killers
- Toy Box – CLAIMED
- The Werewolf Woman
- Wrong Way
- September 26-30: Japanese movies.
Postscript: We’ve been getting quite a few, new hits on our Exploring feature on hicksploitation and redneck cinema from the ’70s and ’80s. There’s quite a few left on that list that we haven’t reviewed. So surf on over and check out what films we still need covered. Get the films, HERE. Same goes for our Exploring feature on grunge films from the ’90s. Get those films, HERE.
We have so much planned this year and want you to be a part of it. Either comment here or write to us at email@example.com. If you have an idea outside of this, please just tell us. We’re always happy to feature any writer, as long as you’re not linking to things for sale (unless you’re a video label or director). We’re looking forward to hearing from you!
“Drive-In Typewriter” courtesy of Leanne Ricchiuti/CivMix.